In July of 2010, VisImage Systems Inc. released V6.0.1 of BoSS-21. Currently all Canadian Forces locations with the BoSS-21 are being updated to the latest version.
Current BoSS-21 features:
1. Automatically providing over 75 high-precision body size measurements
2. Automatic apparel size selection with new sizing rule manager for customization
3. Easy to use with a quick, less than 10 second, measurement speed
4. Multiple language interfaces, including English, French, and simplified Chinese
5. Complete privacy with image encryption
6. Ability to export database measurement records to MS Excel and MS Access
7. New Feature: Group Statistcal Data Analysis and Plotting
8. New Feature: Compatibilty with Gerber AccuMark MTM system
Garment designers at Director Soldier Systems Program Management (Department of National Defense,Canada) are using the new sizing rule manager to assist in population analysis and garment sizing customization. In addition the group data analysis and plotting feature is currently utilised by Canadian Force clothing store managers to understand population trends to accurately assess inventory needs.
The automated body measurement system (BoSS-21) can quickly and accurately provide its data for Gerber AccuMark MTM system on customized clothing, in order to reduce dependence on skilled workers; improving data management. This application has been fully acknowledged by the Shanghai Textile Research Institute.